Friday, October 7, 2011

Patricia Arquette Warns Fans She Was Stalked on Facebook

Don't expect to contact Patricia Arquette via Facebook anytime soon.
The Medium actress announced via Facebook that she is closing her account after a disturbing incident with another user. Although Arquette, 43, doesn't go into details, she explains that she's been avoiding more than just Facebook for the past two weeks.
"Okay sweet people—This will be my last facebook post," the Emmy winner wrote Oct. 6. "After my usual not checking email and cell messages for 10 days my security guys chewed me out and let me know why I had to end my 'social experiment.'"
Arquette continues with her explanation about whether celebrities and fans can overcome their differences to become friends.
"The experiment was, Could a celebrity actually friend strangers and get to know them as a person?" she adds. "'Just a regular person? Could you really become friends? Could you move past all that they had in their mind about you and actually show them the real you? Could you get to know the real them a little? I would say on a large part yes. A beautiful and sweet yes...However, apparently 10 days or so that all changed."
Then Arquette pleads for her fans to be careful on Facebook -- even with each other:
"Now for the IMPORTANT PART-I ASK YOU NOT TO FRIEND ANYONE HERE THAT YOU DON'T PERSONALLY KNOW!!! THIS IS IMPORTANT!!! JUST BECAUSE THEY WERE ON THIS PAGE DOESN'T REALLY MEAN THEY ARE SAFE!!!!  I'M GOING TO SAY IT AGAIN BECAUSE IT IS IMPORTANT_ IT DOESN'T MEAN THEY ARE SAFE."
Despite her Facebook closure, the actress does plan to continue using her Twitter account as well as periodically updating her charity, GiveLove.org's Facebook page. But she will no longer risk having a Facebook page where she interacts with her fans.

entertainment tonight perez hilton celebrity gossip Celebrity lady gaga

No comments:

Post a Comment