Sunday, October 2, 2011

Jason Derulo 'Let It All Hang Out' On Future History

Sophomore album is 'an open book on my life,' singer tells MTV News.By Christina Garibaldi





Jason Derulo

Photo: MTV News




Jason Derülo's sophomore effort, Future History, finally hit stores Tuesday. The album features Derülo's signature dance beats, a sexy sound, personal lyrics and, of course, he name-drops himself on a few of the tracks.

Future History has already given fans two hit singles with "Don't Wanna Go Home" and "It Girl," and promises plenty more club-ready songs that are each very special to the pop star.
"Future History is the greatest accomplishment in my life. I've been working on it for the past six months now," Derülo said. "It is something that is very special to me. It's an open book on my life.
I wasn't afraid to say anything: I just let it all hang out, and I told a story.
"I got a song about a stalker situation, my cousin passing away and missing her. I wasn't trying to hide anything," he explained.
When coming up with the title for his second album, Derülo had no trouble thinking of the name, which he now has tattooed on his arm.
"It represents where I've come from," he said. "It took a long time to get to where I am now. It's been a long journey, a fruitful journey, but it's been a long one, and now is the bridge between where I've come from and where I see myself going in the future. That's why it's called Future History."
With so many personal and meaningful songs on the album, can Derülo possibly pick a favorite?
"Each song has a special meaning to me, so it's hard for me to choose," he said. "Honestly, I write songs based on my life, and each story has a special place because of that, so it's hard to choose."
Derülo said he hopes that when listening to the album, his fans feel the same passion he does.
"I just want people to be able to be moved," he said. "I want my songs to be a soundtrack to something."
Share your review of Future History in the comments below!



Related Videos


MTV News Extended Play: Jason Derulo


Related Artists


Jason Derulo

entertainment tonight perez hilton celebrity gossip Celebrity lady gaga

No comments:

Post a Comment