Sunday, September 18, 2011

Anna Kendrick Dating Jake Gyllenhaal? She Says No!

Last week, rumors surfaced that Anna Kendrick was (maybe-sorta) dating Jake Gyllenhaal. But the actress is happy to set the record straight, telling iVillage that she and Gyllenhaal are definitely not an item. (Though the photo of them with their arms around each other suggests the End of Watch costars are at least enjoying their time together!)
Luckily for the Twilight actress, it was one of the first times her name had been thrown into the gossip ring. Kendrick, 26, admits that she certainly doesn't envy the media frenzy that surrounds the rumored romance between her Twilight costars Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart. "I have no idea how they stay sane with all that kind of attention," she says.
This month, Kendrick stars opposite Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Seth Rogen in the dramedy 50/50 (in theaters Sept. 30), a film based on Rogen's real-life experience with best friend Will Reiser's cancer. (After he recovered, Reiser and Rogen teamed up to write and produce the film.) When iVillage caught up with Kendrick, she dished about why making the sometimes serious movie was actually "incredibly fun," why she's not sad about the end of the Twilight Saga and why she'd love to be on the wacky Lifetime reality show Dance Moms.
How did the fact that 50/50 was based on Seth and Will’s real-life experiences affect the process?
Well, my character is one of the fictional characters in the movie. So, I had some fun and freedom of creating the character, more or less, from the ground up. Obviously, everyone felt the pressure to live up to Will’s script. But that’s mostly because it was a beautiful script. He was on set all the time, he was always available. He was really supportive and really great.
What was the atmosphere like on set?
It was really fun. You know, the fact that basically the goal was to find humor in difficult situations. It was an incredibly fun thing. There was a scene or two where everybody got serious for a while. But for the most part, we just kind of had a lot of fun.
Breaking Dawn Part 1 comes out in November, and it's your last Twilight film. How do you feel?
At the end of the shoot, it felt celebratory. It wasn’t sad. It was like a job well done. It was also like 5 a.m. It was a long night and we were just sort of glad that everyone managed to make it through five movies without losing any toes to frostbite. I’m sure I’ll feel nostalgic once the movie comes out, but mostly it’s exciting that we made it through without any serious injuries.
Everyone’s talking about the wedding scene. What was that like?
There has been so much build-up about it. But I’m sure that if I say a word about it, (the movie company) will have me killed. So, I will just say I hope we look warm because we were all really cold.
You’ve been linked to Jake Gyllenhaal recently in the rumor mill. Is there anything going on between you?
Obviously not. No.
Is it hard dating in the spotlight with new rumors cropping up all the time?
I just don’t talk about it. So, that sort of ends it.
Have you learned anything from Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart about dealing with the media attention?
I have no idea how they stay sane with all that kind of attention. I know, knock wood, I’ve been able to avoid that kind of thing. I’m just in awe of their ability to handle that stuff.
Have you ever had a crazy run-in with a fan?
A girl came up to me in Vancouver once while I was shopping and said, “Are you in the Twilight movies?” And I said yes. And she had this package with her, and she said, “Are you going to see Taylor Lautner soon? Because you have to give this to him.” And I just lied and said, "I don’t know when I’m going to see him." Because what kind of crazy person carries something around in case she runs into a Twilight cast member? I didn’t know if it was a dead animal. It could have been anything. 
What would you do if you weren’t an actress?
I would be a pastry chef. I would just bake treats and get fat. People love you if you give them baked goods. You can’t buy love, but you can bake people love. You can make people love you.
Do you cook anything else?
I can’t cook to save my life. I just stick with desserts.
Have you ever been starstruck around another celebrity?
Sure, yeah. Someone introduced me to Morgan Freeman, and I had one of those moments like that reporter who everyone thought had a stroke. Like, that was what I sounded like.
So you couldn’t get out any intelligent sentences?
No. And he was still perfectly polite and said, "Nice to meet you." And I just wanted to bury my head in the sand.
You mentioned on Jay Leno's show that you've gotten really into the reality show Hoarders recently and that you're scared you could be a hoarder.
Oh, totally. You know, you get overwhelmed and you don’t go through stuff and then you just think, “Oh, to hell with it, I’ll just live in the rubble.” I just have to keep myself in check every now and then because otherwise I would be on that TV show.
What other guilty pleasure TV shows do you like?
Well, today for the first time ever I saw an episode of Dog the Bounty Hunter. Not that it’s going to be my new favorite show, but it was certainly interesting.
If you had to be on a reality show which one would you pick?
That’s a good question. I guess if we are going for the worst guilty pleasure one, maybe Dance Moms. That one is crazy. It makes me so sad, but I guess if we’re going for comedy here, I would love to be on Dance Moms.
Ali Gray is iVillage's Senior Associate Entertainment Editor. Follow her on Twitter: @thealigray

holly wood entertainment tonight perez hilton celebrity gossip Celebrity

No comments:

Post a Comment