Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Cee Lo Green Apologizes For Borderline Homophobic Tweet

First Tracy Morgan. Now Cee Lo Green?! Not exactly, but The Voice coach is under considerable fire after a Tweet he wrote to a music critic, Andrea Swensson, following his June 16 show. Swensson termed Cee Lo's concert "lackluster" and "gross," which the singer didn't really appreciate. He struck back at her with this tweet: "I respect your criticism, but be fair! People enjoyed last night! I'm guessing you're gay? And my masculinity offended you? Well f--k you!" Who? Me? Cee Lo? Homophobic? Yeah. Probably not the best word choice. The "F--k You" singer attempted an apology on Twitter ... but it's more of a long-winded explanation. He also seems confused as to what he's even apologizing for: "Apologies gay community! What was homophobic about that? I was guessing he [was] gay which is fine but its nice to [know] what u think," he wrote. He deleted it shortly after. Then he issued a longer comment: The "Crazy" crooner said he had no clue what gender the critic was and that he was just being "outspoken" at the time he tweeted. "She was very critical of me. At the time I didn't even know what gender the person was," he said. "I was being a little outspoken that night." "I was being a little outrageous. I always expect people to assume that everything I do is part of my character and sense of humor. I assumed that whoever it was would assume that it was all in good fun." "I most certainly am not harboring negative feelings toward the gay community. I don't have an opinion on people with different religious, sexual or political preferences. I'm one of the most liberal artists I think you will ever meet, and pride myself on that." "Two of the remaining members on my team on The Voice are proud and outspokenly gay. We just did a team performance of 'Everyday People' and I picked that song specifically to highlight how we can get along even though we're so different." For what it's worth, Swensson responded to say she was not offended.

perez hilton celebrity gossip Celebrity lady gaga MTV

No comments:

Post a Comment